Do you want to explore your career opportunities in Australia? Then why don’t you plan to continue your higher studies in Australia. Australia is a leading destination for many skilled professionals and students to enhance their professional career.
If you do want to improve your career in Australia, then apply for the Australia Student visa now by meeting the requirements as set by the Department of Home Affairs:
- Financial Requirements
- Proving English proficiency
- Meeting the health and character requirements
- GTE or the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirements
What is Australia Student visa or the subclass 500 visa?
The visa type has come into effect since July 1st, 2016. The visa type helps you to stay in the country until the duration of the study program, mostly for up to five years. While moving to Australia with the visa type, it is important that you abide the Australian immigration conditions as a student. To know more about the visa, it is advised to follow the official website of the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs.
What are the Australia Study Visa requirements?
While completing the online visa application, it is essential for you to meet the requirements of the Australian study visa by producing the required documents.
- Financial Requirements: In order to meet the fund requirements, it is important that the funds cover for your tuition fee, living costs, and travel. If you are traveling alone, then the financial funds have to be set for AU$ 20,290 (similar to that of $13,750) for a year. If you are planning to move along with dependents, then you may need to more amount to cover the living expenses, including school fees, travel, etc.
- English Language Proficiency: If you are from English speaking country, then there is no need to prove proficiency test, but if you are from non-English speaking country, then you need prove proficiency in English by taking up the required language test, i.e. IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English, iBT, and Cambridge Advanced English (CAE). The score mainly depends the level of degree you planning to achieve from Australia or need to meet the language requirements as set by the universities.
- Health Requirements: It may be a need for a few students to take medical check-ups to prove good health. Based on the suggestions as provided, the students have to attend a medical check-up by obtaining an appointment from a doctor who is approved by the Australian immigration department.
- Character Requirements: To obtain the Australian study visa, it is important to fulfill every need and proving good character is one of the important requirement.
What are the documents required for Australia Student Visa?
The documents needed while applying for the Australian Student visa are:
- Proof of Enrolment letter
- Your valid passport
- Visa fee receipt
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Statement
- Work and Academic Documents
- Proofs for language proficiency (IELTS, other language tests score card)
- Proof for required financial supports
- Your Health insurance policy details
- Recent passport sized photographs
- Statement of purpose
Note: For students who are below 18 years may require additional documents like parental consent, etc. to move Australia for education. Also, for more information on the visa requirements, it is better to contact an immigration consultant.
How to ensure the visa remains valid after moving to Australia?
After obtaining the visa, there ample things as a student you need to follow for ensuring the visa validity, such as:
- Need to get enrolled and maintain a good attendance and course progress
- Need to provide the address where you are living to the college or university
- Should be able to support financially for all requirements in Australia
- Should not do any action against the government law
- When you change your qualification, it is important to apply and obtain a new student visa.
These are the brief information for a student to maintain their visa stability. To know more about the visa requriements and how the visa will help to work in Australia or obtain a permanent residence, it is essential to contact a visa consultant who can help to know the eligibility requirements.
If you are planning to study in Australia in 2020, then, feel free to speak to the immigration consultants of CanAuz Oversas. The talented experts will always be with you as a guide to provide you the required information on Australia Study Visa.