Indian Students in Canada: Canada has recognised that from 2022-2023, the number of study permit holders will increase.
Canada recently has announced many benefits for foreign students are studying in Canada or planning to study in Canada. Canada wants to increase the strength of students and Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has lifted one major restriction of 20 hours per week working for foreign students.
Canada has become one of the top countries to study abroad for Indian students due to multiple factors which include work, increased invitations for permanent residence and affordability. Canada hosted over 620,000 foreign students in 2021 and among them around 450,000 were new study permits.
Here are 5 latest-announced benefits by Canada that Indian students can avail:
- CIC News has reported, In 2022-23 the number of study permit holders in Canada will increase to around 753,000 foreign students which is record high and means more Indian students will have opportunity to study in Canada.
- Canada is also going to explore the expansion of Student Direct Stream (SDS) which will allow to fast-track the study permits for students from many countries.
- Canada is also planning to increase the invitations for permanent residence and specially for foreign students in order to manage its shortage for labour in Canada.
- Canada has promised to make the process faster and more transparent for foreign students by publishing the data on backlogs monthly so foreign students can easily track their applications.
Read More: How to improve your Express entry CRS score
- Canada recently has allowed foreign students to work off-campus for over 20 hours per week in a temporary measure which can also be availed by foreign nationals who have already submitted a study permit application.
Contact us to get free consultation for visa and immigration in Hyderabad : +918688316151
Contact us to get free consultation for visa and immigration in Vishakhapatnam | Vizag : +91 86883 16154